Fall Style Challenge (in collaboration with Bonobos)

I'm really excited to be sharing this post with you!  Bonobos (which is a menswear company) put together a Style Challenge using some of their men's suits.  I was flattered to be chosen to create a look based on the suit of my choosing!

Now, I'll be honest, I had never heard of Bonobos before.  But I took a quick peek at their website and really liked what I saw.  Unfortunately they do not ship to Canada right now *insert sad face* but their site says they are working on it *insert happy face*.

Back to the Style Challenge!  I was sent some photos of the new Fall suits and choosing one was pretty tricky, because they are all awesome.  I picked one that I could see my husband David wearing and styled it accordingly.  David's job can get pretty messy so he wears jeans and a comfortable shirt to work, but the blazer I chose is something I see him wearing out for something like a date night or family dinner.


It's funny that the picture I was given shows the model wearing a plaid shirt because that is what I immediately thought of for this jacket!  Clearly, plaid is a little expected, so I went in a different direction.



1. Dark wash jeans (Gap)
2. Grey dress shirt (Gap)
3. Brown ankle boots (Sorel)
4. Blue checked tie (Etsy)
5. Blue dotted tie (Etsy)
6. Colourful plaid tie (Etsy)
7. Colourful striped tie (Etsy)

I am seriously into this look!  I picked dark wash jeans because they are comfortable but still look nice when paired with a blazer.  The shirt I chose is grey so it compliments the blazer but still stands out a little since it is lighter in colour.  I wanted to show some different tie options that would look really which is also why I chose a neutral shirt.  The 4 ties I found are all excellent options to wear with this Bonobos blazer because they are are patterned or have some colour.  The shoes I selected are just basic brown shoes that look good but also comfortable, which is important for a man like my husband!

This was a fun challenge and I hope to work with Bonobos again in the future:)  How would you guys style this blazer?

#BonobosFallStyleChallenge

Labels:

Our Wood Home: Fall Style Challenge (in collaboration with Bonobos)

Monday, November 3, 2014

Fall Style Challenge (in collaboration with Bonobos)

I'm really excited to be sharing this post with you!  Bonobos (which is a menswear company) put together a Style Challenge using some of their men's suits.  I was flattered to be chosen to create a look based on the suit of my choosing!

Now, I'll be honest, I had never heard of Bonobos before.  But I took a quick peek at their website and really liked what I saw.  Unfortunately they do not ship to Canada right now *insert sad face* but their site says they are working on it *insert happy face*.

Back to the Style Challenge!  I was sent some photos of the new Fall suits and choosing one was pretty tricky, because they are all awesome.  I picked one that I could see my husband David wearing and styled it accordingly.  David's job can get pretty messy so he wears jeans and a comfortable shirt to work, but the blazer I chose is something I see him wearing out for something like a date night or family dinner.


It's funny that the picture I was given shows the model wearing a plaid shirt because that is what I immediately thought of for this jacket!  Clearly, plaid is a little expected, so I went in a different direction.



1. Dark wash jeans (Gap)
2. Grey dress shirt (Gap)
3. Brown ankle boots (Sorel)
4. Blue checked tie (Etsy)
5. Blue dotted tie (Etsy)
6. Colourful plaid tie (Etsy)
7. Colourful striped tie (Etsy)

I am seriously into this look!  I picked dark wash jeans because they are comfortable but still look nice when paired with a blazer.  The shirt I chose is grey so it compliments the blazer but still stands out a little since it is lighter in colour.  I wanted to show some different tie options that would look really which is also why I chose a neutral shirt.  The 4 ties I found are all excellent options to wear with this Bonobos blazer because they are are patterned or have some colour.  The shoes I selected are just basic brown shoes that look good but also comfortable, which is important for a man like my husband!

This was a fun challenge and I hope to work with Bonobos again in the future:)  How would you guys style this blazer?

#BonobosFallStyleChallenge

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home