No Pants November: outfits 1 & 2



Last week I talked about a new fashion challenge to my blog, No Pants November!    The idea is to only wear skirts and dresses for the whole month of November (you can read the "rules" here.)  

One of my jobs requires me to wear pants as my uniform but my other one has no rules about what I can wear, so I'm opting to wear skirts there.  Here is an example of what I wore on the weekend to work.

Normally I wear heels to work, but I was just feeling like more comfortable footwear, so I wore these tall boots instead. 

Hat: Joe Fresh
Coat: Old Navy


Dress: Ricki's
Cardigan: Cleo (I think)
Belt: From a dress at H&M
Tights: ??
Boots: Soft Mocc


Earrings: Pandora



I know it's a fashion faux pas to wear white after Labour day, but I don't care:)  I like this dress so I wore it!  Pairing it with dark tights and a green sweater made it feel more appropriate for fall.  Since it was really cold out I had to wear a winter coat and hat so I thought I'd include those in the outfit photos.

The next outfit I wore is more casual but I was still able to wear it to work at the library.  This dress is actually a few years old...I think I got it for my 21st birthday.  It is getting a little too small, so I'm not sure if I will keep it.  But I've worn it a fair bit already.  Here is how I wore it last fall (I also wore it for our engagement photos!).

Dress: Denver Hayes
Belt: H&M
Pants: RW&Co
Boots: Spring



I tried this dress on with tights but it seemed too short, so I opted to wear pants instead.  The pants themselves are getting snug, so wearing them as 'tights' seemed like a logical option.  You can see here how the pants used to fit, when they were new.

Oh, and it was suuuuper yucky outside when I took these photos, which is why they are inside.

So far #NoPantsNovember has been pretty easy, but we are only 4 days in.  I'd love for you guys to participate in the challenge with me:)

Labels:

Our Wood Home: No Pants November: outfits 1 & 2

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

No Pants November: outfits 1 & 2



Last week I talked about a new fashion challenge to my blog, No Pants November!    The idea is to only wear skirts and dresses for the whole month of November (you can read the "rules" here.)  

One of my jobs requires me to wear pants as my uniform but my other one has no rules about what I can wear, so I'm opting to wear skirts there.  Here is an example of what I wore on the weekend to work.

Normally I wear heels to work, but I was just feeling like more comfortable footwear, so I wore these tall boots instead. 

Hat: Joe Fresh
Coat: Old Navy


Dress: Ricki's
Cardigan: Cleo (I think)
Belt: From a dress at H&M
Tights: ??
Boots: Soft Mocc


Earrings: Pandora



I know it's a fashion faux pas to wear white after Labour day, but I don't care:)  I like this dress so I wore it!  Pairing it with dark tights and a green sweater made it feel more appropriate for fall.  Since it was really cold out I had to wear a winter coat and hat so I thought I'd include those in the outfit photos.

The next outfit I wore is more casual but I was still able to wear it to work at the library.  This dress is actually a few years old...I think I got it for my 21st birthday.  It is getting a little too small, so I'm not sure if I will keep it.  But I've worn it a fair bit already.  Here is how I wore it last fall (I also wore it for our engagement photos!).

Dress: Denver Hayes
Belt: H&M
Pants: RW&Co
Boots: Spring



I tried this dress on with tights but it seemed too short, so I opted to wear pants instead.  The pants themselves are getting snug, so wearing them as 'tights' seemed like a logical option.  You can see here how the pants used to fit, when they were new.

Oh, and it was suuuuper yucky outside when I took these photos, which is why they are inside.

So far #NoPantsNovember has been pretty easy, but we are only 4 days in.  I'd love for you guys to participate in the challenge with me:)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 5, 2014 at 6:02 AM , Blogger Katie R. said...

Cute outfits! I really love the outfit on the bottom. It's my favourite! ;-)
~Katie@ liliesofgrace.blogspot.com

 
At November 5, 2014 at 6:07 AM , Blogger Christina said...

Thanks Katie!

 

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home