Holiday leftover casserole

My Canadian readers may be wondering why I'm posting a Thanksgiving related recipe so late, while my American readers could be asking why it's so early...the reason is quite simple.  A couple weeks ago David and I had some friends over for a Thanksgiving type meal, with all the typical holiday foods.  We chose a date after Thanksgiving to ensure everyone was available, and we served turkey since we had a big one in the freezer.


This recipe is great for using up all the leftover food you have from Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.  Sometimes eating turkey sandwiches for days and days gets kind of...blah.


You can see I've got corn, carrots, broccoli and some turkey hiding in there.  It's all topped off with a big layer of creamy mashed potatoes...mmm. The beauty with this dish is that you can add whatever leftovers you have, even if that's not what I noted in my recipe.

Ingredients:

Directions:
  1. Combine veggies, turkey and gravy in a large bowl and mix well
  2. Pour into a large baking dish and scoop mashed potatoes on top
  3. Warm in oven for about 30 minutes at 350F or until food is heated through

SUUUUUUUPER Easy, right?  It's one of those recipes that can be made quickly because you literally just throw everything together and heat it up.   I'm betting stuffing would make a great topper, too!  Just be sure you put in some gravy because it helps keep the turkey nice and moist.  





Would you try this recipe this holiday season?  What leftovers would you add?  Do you even have leftovers?!  I grew up with 2 younger brothers so leftovers was not a word commonly heard in our house:)

Labels: ,

Our Wood Home: Holiday leftover casserole

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Holiday leftover casserole

My Canadian readers may be wondering why I'm posting a Thanksgiving related recipe so late, while my American readers could be asking why it's so early...the reason is quite simple.  A couple weeks ago David and I had some friends over for a Thanksgiving type meal, with all the typical holiday foods.  We chose a date after Thanksgiving to ensure everyone was available, and we served turkey since we had a big one in the freezer.


This recipe is great for using up all the leftover food you have from Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.  Sometimes eating turkey sandwiches for days and days gets kind of...blah.


You can see I've got corn, carrots, broccoli and some turkey hiding in there.  It's all topped off with a big layer of creamy mashed potatoes...mmm. The beauty with this dish is that you can add whatever leftovers you have, even if that's not what I noted in my recipe.

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups of corn
  • 2 cups carrots
  • 1 cup brocoli
  • 2 cups cooked turkey
  • 1 cup gravy
  • generous heaping of mashed potatoes (here is my recipe)
Directions:
  1. Combine veggies, turkey and gravy in a large bowl and mix well
  2. Pour into a large baking dish and scoop mashed potatoes on top
  3. Warm in oven for about 30 minutes at 350F or until food is heated through

SUUUUUUUPER Easy, right?  It's one of those recipes that can be made quickly because you literally just throw everything together and heat it up.   I'm betting stuffing would make a great topper, too!  Just be sure you put in some gravy because it helps keep the turkey nice and moist.  





Would you try this recipe this holiday season?  What leftovers would you add?  Do you even have leftovers?!  I grew up with 2 younger brothers so leftovers was not a word commonly heard in our house:)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home