weekend recap: October 18-19

Sorry for the delay in posting my weekend recap. I worked all day yesterday and by the time I got home after 7 PM I just wanted to relax.

On Saturday I worked both jobs while David did some little projects around the house.  We are having some people over next weekend, which means we want the house to look awesome.  And that means finishing projects, cleaning up the extra bedrooms which usually act as  storage/mess rooms.  One of the tasks needing completion is the bathroom wall tile.  When we started out bathroom reno (more here) to replace burst pipes we decided to get a new tub and shower since ours were old and gross.  The old tub had been put in place then the walls were tiled around it, so to remove the tub David had to remove some tile.  I decided to paint the existing tiles from blue to off white, but the new tiles are a different shade of white...so I'll be doing some more tile painting this week!



Sunday was my day off work (yay!) so my mom and I went out for some belated birthday shopping (even though my birthday was like, 6 weeks ago!).  We were both supposed to get manicures at the same time but one of the estheticians called in sick, so my mom opted out of a later slot and let me have our current appointment.   We were given 20% off my manicure and 20% off my mom's next one too, which was great:)  I chose a festive, pumpkin orange colour for my nails.


We went shopping afterwards and I got the prettiest sweater I've seen in a  long time.  It's got a big bow in the back!!  The fabric is so soft and the bow is the perfect touch.  The sweater also came in black and bubblegum pink, which I really wanted but it didn't come in my size.


It's been raining here all weekend and the temps have dropped to seasonal averages now, but it just feels so much colder because summer was hanging on!  Personally, I'd prefer cooler weather in the fall instead of summer temps.

How was your weekend?  Is the weather being crazy where you live?  There has been talk of snow here soon!

Labels:

Our Wood Home: weekend recap: October 18-19

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

weekend recap: October 18-19

Sorry for the delay in posting my weekend recap. I worked all day yesterday and by the time I got home after 7 PM I just wanted to relax.

On Saturday I worked both jobs while David did some little projects around the house.  We are having some people over next weekend, which means we want the house to look awesome.  And that means finishing projects, cleaning up the extra bedrooms which usually act as  storage/mess rooms.  One of the tasks needing completion is the bathroom wall tile.  When we started out bathroom reno (more here) to replace burst pipes we decided to get a new tub and shower since ours were old and gross.  The old tub had been put in place then the walls were tiled around it, so to remove the tub David had to remove some tile.  I decided to paint the existing tiles from blue to off white, but the new tiles are a different shade of white...so I'll be doing some more tile painting this week!



Sunday was my day off work (yay!) so my mom and I went out for some belated birthday shopping (even though my birthday was like, 6 weeks ago!).  We were both supposed to get manicures at the same time but one of the estheticians called in sick, so my mom opted out of a later slot and let me have our current appointment.   We were given 20% off my manicure and 20% off my mom's next one too, which was great:)  I chose a festive, pumpkin orange colour for my nails.


We went shopping afterwards and I got the prettiest sweater I've seen in a  long time.  It's got a big bow in the back!!  The fabric is so soft and the bow is the perfect touch.  The sweater also came in black and bubblegum pink, which I really wanted but it didn't come in my size.


It's been raining here all weekend and the temps have dropped to seasonal averages now, but it just feels so much colder because summer was hanging on!  Personally, I'd prefer cooler weather in the fall instead of summer temps.

How was your weekend?  Is the weather being crazy where you live?  There has been talk of snow here soon!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At October 21, 2014 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Katie R. said...

Wow, you've been busy! I have been crazy busy too with school and all sorts of stuff! We got a lot of rain last week, and it's getting cooler here. Tonight it was in the late 50's. Wow, snow! What area do you live in? I live in east Tennessee so I don't see a whole lot of snow. Last year though, winter was very harsh, and we got more snow than I've ever seen! Anyway, I hope you have a great day! :-)
~Katie@ liliesofgrace.blogspot.com
P.S I love your nails! Such a cute colour!

 
At October 21, 2014 at 6:55 PM , Blogger Christina said...

Sometimes busy is good, right? I live in Ontario Canada, so we usually get snow from October to April! I got married on October 28 2012 and was glad it didn't snow then! Did you have any of the frost quakes? We got a lot!

I loooove my nail colour too! Thanks for reading:)

 
At October 22, 2014 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Katie R. said...

Oh yeah, busy is good! Wow, that's a lot of snow! I hadn't even heard of frostquakes before I just looked them up! Haha! What are they like?
~Katie@ liliesofgrace.blogspot.com

 
At October 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Christina said...

The frost quakes are terrible! It sounds like a really loud thundering noise, following by a cracking. We thought the nosie was something smashing into our roof!

 
At October 23, 2014 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Katie R. said...

That does sound terrible! I would hate those! I don't think we've ever had one here luckily though. :-)
~Katie@ liliesofgrace.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home