15 pieces/6 weeks of outfits {casual, week 1}

Remember my post on how to make 5 weeks of work appropriate outfits using 15 pieces of clothing?  It was a success and I really enjoyed putting it together so I've decided to do a post on combining items of clothing for casual outfits.  This one was definitely a challenge!  I don't really 'dress down' often and I dislike wearing jeans, but I managed to create over a month's worth of outfits (again, using only 15 pieces).

I'm going to break each week into one post so you get to see each outfit in more detail.  Below are the outfits for week 1.  I've added basic accessories like a belt because it's easy to wear.  The scarves were added because they can often improve an outfit by adding texture or a pop of colour.  I opted for basic footwear by choosing short brown booties and tall black boots.  They are neutral, comfy and warm!


Tops: plaid; black tee/long sleeves; striped; solid colour; cropped sweater; black cardigan;; bright cardigan
Bottoms: jeans; long skirt and dress (solid and patterned); shorter patterned dress

Hopefully you aren't scratching your head and wondering if I'm crazy for including skirts and dresses under the category of "casual".  Allow me to explain...I put together these sets of outfits for the sort of casual activities I would do.  Things like grocery shopping, general errands, visiting friends, date nights with my husband or dinners with our families.  As I mentioned earlier, I'm not too comfortable in jeans because they never seem to fit well.  The pair I'm wearing is the least offending pair I own, so I do occasionally break them out.



outfit for fall
Sweater: H&M clearance
Plaid shirt: Old Navy
Jeans: Old Navy (bought several years ago)
Boots: Soft Mocc

fall maxi skirt
Cardigan: ??
Tee shirt: Roots (very old...circa 2005)

Scarf: self made
Skirt: used to be a dress from H&M

fall outfit
Cardigan: Cleo
Top: Joe Fresh
Jeans: Old Navy
Boots
: Spring
Cowl: self made
outfit for fall
Cardigan: ??
Dress: Joe Fresh
Cowl: self made
Belt: H&M
Tights: ??
Boots: Soft Mocc
maxi dress for fall
Long sleeved top: gifted
Dress: Stitches
Belt: H&M
Boots: Soft Mocc

I believe that people should always dress well when they leave their house, even if it's just to get groceries.  The outfits I put together are comfortable AND look nice. I chose to add fall and winter accessories since the weather has been pretty chilly lately.  

Tomorrow I'll post week 2 of the outfit series...I'd love your feedback on today's ensembles.  Would you wear them?  If so, where would you wear them?  If you don't care for them, tell me why!  I love reading comments and emails from you.


Labels:

Our Wood Home: 15 pieces/6 weeks of outfits {casual, week 1}

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

15 pieces/6 weeks of outfits {casual, week 1}

Remember my post on how to make 5 weeks of work appropriate outfits using 15 pieces of clothing?  It was a success and I really enjoyed putting it together so I've decided to do a post on combining items of clothing for casual outfits.  This one was definitely a challenge!  I don't really 'dress down' often and I dislike wearing jeans, but I managed to create over a month's worth of outfits (again, using only 15 pieces).

I'm going to break each week into one post so you get to see each outfit in more detail.  Below are the outfits for week 1.  I've added basic accessories like a belt because it's easy to wear.  The scarves were added because they can often improve an outfit by adding texture or a pop of colour.  I opted for basic footwear by choosing short brown booties and tall black boots.  They are neutral, comfy and warm!


Tops: plaid; black tee/long sleeves; striped; solid colour; cropped sweater; black cardigan;; bright cardigan
Bottoms: jeans; long skirt and dress (solid and patterned); shorter patterned dress

Hopefully you aren't scratching your head and wondering if I'm crazy for including skirts and dresses under the category of "casual".  Allow me to explain...I put together these sets of outfits for the sort of casual activities I would do.  Things like grocery shopping, general errands, visiting friends, date nights with my husband or dinners with our families.  As I mentioned earlier, I'm not too comfortable in jeans because they never seem to fit well.  The pair I'm wearing is the least offending pair I own, so I do occasionally break them out.



outfit for fall
Sweater: H&M clearance
Plaid shirt: Old Navy
Jeans: Old Navy (bought several years ago)
Boots: Soft Mocc

fall maxi skirt
Cardigan: ??
Tee shirt: Roots (very old...circa 2005)

Scarf: self made
Skirt: used to be a dress from H&M

fall outfit
Cardigan: Cleo
Top: Joe Fresh
Jeans: Old Navy
Boots
: Spring
Cowl: self made
outfit for fall
Cardigan: ??
Dress: Joe Fresh
Cowl: self made
Belt: H&M
Tights: ??
Boots: Soft Mocc
maxi dress for fall
Long sleeved top: gifted
Dress: Stitches
Belt: H&M
Boots: Soft Mocc

I believe that people should always dress well when they leave their house, even if it's just to get groceries.  The outfits I put together are comfortable AND look nice. I chose to add fall and winter accessories since the weather has been pretty chilly lately.  

Tomorrow I'll post week 2 of the outfit series...I'd love your feedback on today's ensembles.  Would you wear them?  If so, where would you wear them?  If you don't care for them, tell me why!  I love reading comments and emails from you.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home