fall maxi skirt

Maxi skirts and dresses seem to be a lingering fashion trend (experts, correct me if I'm wrong!), which is great since I've been wearing maxi dresses since college.  Recently I've noticed them in heavier fabrics which make them perfect for fall layering.  When I wear a long skirt I feel as comfy as I do in pajamas but it looks like I put a bit of effort into getting dressed, which is always good.

This teal maxi skirt outfit is what I wore back in September when we went out for my birthday dinner. I was comfortable all night, warm enough with my layers and, best of all, I had no annoying waistband digging into my stomach while I stuffed myself with a delicious pulled pork sandwich.

That's our neighbor's house behind me...oops!

please disregard that spiderweb/nest on our garage door...

knee socks were awesome under this dress because they kept my legs warm without added bulk to my waist like tights would have.


Scarf: Made my me
Top: Joe Fresh
Belt: ??
Skirt: Dress from Old Navy (seen here)
Sock: H&M
Booties: Spring

I'm really liking this outfit combo and will probably be wearing a variation of this repeatedly over fall and winter!!  Can I talk about my booties for a second?  I got them in fall 2011 and think they are so cute.  They aren't the best quality and I have to keep them laced loosely or else they hurt my wide feet but they look great!  David calls them my Little Bo Peep boots, haha:)


Labels:

Our Wood Home: fall maxi skirt

Monday, October 6, 2014

fall maxi skirt

Maxi skirts and dresses seem to be a lingering fashion trend (experts, correct me if I'm wrong!), which is great since I've been wearing maxi dresses since college.  Recently I've noticed them in heavier fabrics which make them perfect for fall layering.  When I wear a long skirt I feel as comfy as I do in pajamas but it looks like I put a bit of effort into getting dressed, which is always good.

This teal maxi skirt outfit is what I wore back in September when we went out for my birthday dinner. I was comfortable all night, warm enough with my layers and, best of all, I had no annoying waistband digging into my stomach while I stuffed myself with a delicious pulled pork sandwich.

That's our neighbor's house behind me...oops!

please disregard that spiderweb/nest on our garage door...

knee socks were awesome under this dress because they kept my legs warm without added bulk to my waist like tights would have.


Scarf: Made my me
Top: Joe Fresh
Belt: ??
Skirt: Dress from Old Navy (seen here)
Sock: H&M
Booties: Spring

I'm really liking this outfit combo and will probably be wearing a variation of this repeatedly over fall and winter!!  Can I talk about my booties for a second?  I got them in fall 2011 and think they are so cute.  They aren't the best quality and I have to keep them laced loosely or else they hurt my wide feet but they look great!  David calls them my Little Bo Peep boots, haha:)


Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 6, 2014 at 3:19 AM , Blogger ElsLittleUtopia said...

Gorgeous outfit!
I love your hair so much, I cut mine off that short when I was younger and loved it :)
♡♡
elslittleutopia.blogspot.com

 
At October 6, 2014 at 5:11 AM , Blogger Christina said...

Thank you:) I am obsessed with having short hair now and will never go back to long! Thanks for reading:)

 

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home