15 pieces/6 weeks of outfits {casual, week 3}

Hello again...are you sick of this post series yet?  I hope not, because there are 3 more left to do!  I will spread them out over the next little while instead of lumping them all together again.  This week has been busy, which means I didn't have a lot of time for blogging...that's why I posted this series.

In previous posts I showed you different outfit ideas using really basic items of clothing that you probably already own. The tops I used are: plaid shirt; 2 solid colour long sleeved shirt, black tee shirt; long sleeved striped shirt solid colour cardigans; cropped sweater; loose and feminine beige cardigan.  I also used a pair of jeans; long skirt; long striped dress; shorter striped dress; printed skirt.  I kept the accessories and shoes simple too, using black boots; brown boots; belts and scarves.


There are some repeat items in this week's outfits, but it's okay because they are worn differently.  


Top: Old Navy
Belt: from my mom's closet
Jeans: Old Navy
Booties: Spring

fall maxi skirt
Top: Roots
Cardigan: gifted
Belt: H&M
Skirt: formerly a dress from H&M
Boots: Soft Mocc
This outfit is a perfect example of layering for cooler weather.  I'm actually wearing 4 items of clothing (top, dress, cardigan, tights) and tall boots so I'm pretty much set for wind and (eek!) snow!
Side note: when I was 14 my family's truck died on a rural road covered in ice.  It was nigh time, dead of winter and the road was a very steep hill that no tow truck could climb.   We had a relative pick us up at the end of the road but we had to carefully walk down the ice and deal with the wind and snow too.  After that, I always dressed for the worst possible situation.  That means always having a blanket in the car as well as real snow boots, mittens and a hat.  If my car were to break down in the middle of nowhere in the winter, I'd be warm wearing this outfit because of the layers.

fall or winter maxi dress
Top under dress: Walmart
Cardigan: Cleo
Dress: Stitches
Boots: Soft Mocc
Top: Old Navy
Cardigan: gifted
Jeans: Old Navy
Booties: Spring

Scarf: self made
Top: Joe Fresh
Jeans: Old Navy
Boots: Soft Mocc
Since these outfits are casual I didn't try to get creative with accessories.  Personally, I wear earrings and my Pandora bracelets all the time but I know the majority of people don't wear jewelry for casual situations.  I added some different styles and colours of scarves that are both functional and practical.  I made all the scarves and have some different styles available for sale in my Etsy shop:)

That concludes another post in this series. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Labels:

Our Wood Home: 15 pieces/6 weeks of outfits {casual, week 3}

Friday, October 17, 2014

15 pieces/6 weeks of outfits {casual, week 3}

Hello again...are you sick of this post series yet?  I hope not, because there are 3 more left to do!  I will spread them out over the next little while instead of lumping them all together again.  This week has been busy, which means I didn't have a lot of time for blogging...that's why I posted this series.

In previous posts I showed you different outfit ideas using really basic items of clothing that you probably already own. The tops I used are: plaid shirt; 2 solid colour long sleeved shirt, black tee shirt; long sleeved striped shirt solid colour cardigans; cropped sweater; loose and feminine beige cardigan.  I also used a pair of jeans; long skirt; long striped dress; shorter striped dress; printed skirt.  I kept the accessories and shoes simple too, using black boots; brown boots; belts and scarves.


There are some repeat items in this week's outfits, but it's okay because they are worn differently.  


Top: Old Navy
Belt: from my mom's closet
Jeans: Old Navy
Booties: Spring

fall maxi skirt
Top: Roots
Cardigan: gifted
Belt: H&M
Skirt: formerly a dress from H&M
Boots: Soft Mocc
This outfit is a perfect example of layering for cooler weather.  I'm actually wearing 4 items of clothing (top, dress, cardigan, tights) and tall boots so I'm pretty much set for wind and (eek!) snow!
Side note: when I was 14 my family's truck died on a rural road covered in ice.  It was nigh time, dead of winter and the road was a very steep hill that no tow truck could climb.   We had a relative pick us up at the end of the road but we had to carefully walk down the ice and deal with the wind and snow too.  After that, I always dressed for the worst possible situation.  That means always having a blanket in the car as well as real snow boots, mittens and a hat.  If my car were to break down in the middle of nowhere in the winter, I'd be warm wearing this outfit because of the layers.

fall or winter maxi dress
Top under dress: Walmart
Cardigan: Cleo
Dress: Stitches
Boots: Soft Mocc
Top: Old Navy
Cardigan: gifted
Jeans: Old Navy
Booties: Spring

Scarf: self made
Top: Joe Fresh
Jeans: Old Navy
Boots: Soft Mocc
Since these outfits are casual I didn't try to get creative with accessories.  Personally, I wear earrings and my Pandora bracelets all the time but I know the majority of people don't wear jewelry for casual situations.  I added some different styles and colours of scarves that are both functional and practical.  I made all the scarves and have some different styles available for sale in my Etsy shop:)

That concludes another post in this series. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 18, 2014 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Sarah Marie said...

I love love love trying to mix and match a limited number of pieces into lots of different outfits! (I did a similar challenge on my blog called The Closet Project!) I really like your creative-yet-classic style as well. As for jewelry, I pretty much always wear it, casual or dressy. I love to stack and layer colorful pieces, and I feel so much less 'boring' with a necklace (or two!), especially if I'm dressed casually.

 
At October 19, 2014 at 5:47 AM , Blogger Christina said...

I just checked out that challenge in your blog! It's great and I came across some pictures of the pixie cut you mentioned earlier:)

 

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home