15 pieces/6 weeks of outfits {casual, week 2}

Here is the second week of outfits, following yesterday's post.  In case you missed it, here is the jist: I took 15 basic items of clothing and made 6 weeks worth of casual outfits from them.  I'd wear these ensembles out for errands, visiting friends, for dinner with our families, etc. 



The outfits here are, once again, very simple.  I opted for layers when possible and added belts to the skirts to add some definition to my waist.

fall outfit
Striped top: Joe Fresh
Skirt: Modcloth.com
Belt: found in my mom's closet
Tights: ??
Booties: Spring
Cowl: self made
Top: Walmart
Jeans: Old Navy
Booties: Spring
Cardigan: ??
Dress: H&M
Belt: H&M
Tights: ??
Boots: Soft Mocc

fall maxi skirt
Scarf: self made
Top: Old Navy
Skirt: formerly a dress from H&M
Belt: found in my mom's closet
I should probably explain why I am decapitated in all these photos. I'm not worried about stranger danger or anything, but in all honesty, I had just showered prior to taking these so my hair was wet and my face was all red.  Since it was my day off work, there was no way I was going to put on makeup and fix my hair...so this is my solution. 

This little challenge was definitely...challenging!  When I'm at home on my off days I tend to just wear yoga pants and a long sleeved top but I will NEVER go out wearing that! I have so much clothing that it can be a little overwhelming choosing what to wear that is appropriate for public places...maybe it's time for another closet purge.  By limiting myself to what I can wear for this project I was forced to get creative with my combinations.  

If you haven't already I encourage you to try this experiment for your self and see how many outfit combos you can come up with.  

Labels:

Our Wood Home: 15 pieces/6 weeks of outfits {casual, week 2}

Thursday, October 16, 2014

15 pieces/6 weeks of outfits {casual, week 2}

Here is the second week of outfits, following yesterday's post.  In case you missed it, here is the jist: I took 15 basic items of clothing and made 6 weeks worth of casual outfits from them.  I'd wear these ensembles out for errands, visiting friends, for dinner with our families, etc. 



The outfits here are, once again, very simple.  I opted for layers when possible and added belts to the skirts to add some definition to my waist.

fall outfit
Striped top: Joe Fresh
Skirt: Modcloth.com
Belt: found in my mom's closet
Tights: ??
Booties: Spring
Cowl: self made
Top: Walmart
Jeans: Old Navy
Booties: Spring
Cardigan: ??
Dress: H&M
Belt: H&M
Tights: ??
Boots: Soft Mocc

fall maxi skirt
Scarf: self made
Top: Old Navy
Skirt: formerly a dress from H&M
Belt: found in my mom's closet
I should probably explain why I am decapitated in all these photos. I'm not worried about stranger danger or anything, but in all honesty, I had just showered prior to taking these so my hair was wet and my face was all red.  Since it was my day off work, there was no way I was going to put on makeup and fix my hair...so this is my solution. 

This little challenge was definitely...challenging!  When I'm at home on my off days I tend to just wear yoga pants and a long sleeved top but I will NEVER go out wearing that! I have so much clothing that it can be a little overwhelming choosing what to wear that is appropriate for public places...maybe it's time for another closet purge.  By limiting myself to what I can wear for this project I was forced to get creative with my combinations.  

If you haven't already I encourage you to try this experiment for your self and see how many outfit combos you can come up with.  

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 16, 2014 at 5:58 PM , Blogger Katie R. said...

Cute outfits! I like modcloth. They have a lot of unique clothing there. :-)
~Katie@ liliesofgrace.blogspot.com

 
At October 17, 2014 at 5:21 AM , Blogger Christina said...

Thanks! Yeah, I do too.

 

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home