waaaaay overdue post!

If anyone has been reading my blog regularly you may wonder what has happened to me, seeing as how I haven't posted in a whole month. 

Rest assured that I'm alive and well.  Just busy!
Here's a bullet point list of what I'll be addressing today:

I started a summer job a few weeks ago and have been working 30 hour weeks.  My job title is "Summer Programming Co-ordinator" which basically means I run the kids programs at my local library.  It is just an 8 week position but it keeps me busy and makes me money, so I can't complain.  I am in charge of creating and executing the summer reading program and pre-school story time.  I get to make my own hours as long as they total 30 every week and I don't have to check in with anyone! Yaaaaay!

In September I'll be going back to school for Pharmacy Technician. Notice how I said "back to school"?  I graduated with an Environmental Technician diploma in 2010 and have been unable to find work since.  I've held various, unrelated, temporary positions but couldn't seem to secure permanent employment.  After a lot of talking it over with my husband (also graduated with the same diploma as me...we met in school!) I decided to get an education that will give me better job opportunities.  I think P.T is going to be a good idea because it's in the ever growing healthcare industry.  Plus, my town is full of aging people, who need the services that Pharmacy Techs provide. 

Speaking about jobs and education...did you know that I actually own a photography business?  Yep, it's true.  Why then would I be going to school?  Well...I've struggled with making photography a full fledged career. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough, or maybe I'm not good enough. I've had an increase in business over that past year but not enough that I can contribute substantially to our family income.  I love taking pictures and am hoping to still do it on weekends when I start school.


Oh, did I mention that Our Wood Home is now on Facebook and Twitter?!

Labels:

Our Wood Home: waaaaay overdue post!

Monday, July 15, 2013

waaaaay overdue post!

If anyone has been reading my blog regularly you may wonder what has happened to me, seeing as how I haven't posted in a whole month. 

Rest assured that I'm alive and well.  Just busy!
Here's a bullet point list of what I'll be addressing today:
  • summer job
  • September plans
  • hobby turned money-maker

I started a summer job a few weeks ago and have been working 30 hour weeks.  My job title is "Summer Programming Co-ordinator" which basically means I run the kids programs at my local library.  It is just an 8 week position but it keeps me busy and makes me money, so I can't complain.  I am in charge of creating and executing the summer reading program and pre-school story time.  I get to make my own hours as long as they total 30 every week and I don't have to check in with anyone! Yaaaaay!

In September I'll be going back to school for Pharmacy Technician. Notice how I said "back to school"?  I graduated with an Environmental Technician diploma in 2010 and have been unable to find work since.  I've held various, unrelated, temporary positions but couldn't seem to secure permanent employment.  After a lot of talking it over with my husband (also graduated with the same diploma as me...we met in school!) I decided to get an education that will give me better job opportunities.  I think P.T is going to be a good idea because it's in the ever growing healthcare industry.  Plus, my town is full of aging people, who need the services that Pharmacy Techs provide. 

Speaking about jobs and education...did you know that I actually own a photography business?  Yep, it's true.  Why then would I be going to school?  Well...I've struggled with making photography a full fledged career. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough, or maybe I'm not good enough. I've had an increase in business over that past year but not enough that I can contribute substantially to our family income.  I love taking pictures and am hoping to still do it on weekends when I start school.


Oh, did I mention that Our Wood Home is now on Facebook and Twitter?!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home