Easter dinner(s)

This year David and I are hosting Easter dinner for both our families.  Most of David's family has not seen the house yet, so we are looking forward to showing it off.  There were some little things we had planned to fix (replace some drywall, paint, etc) but were in no great hurry until we decided to host dinner.  That was a huge motivation for us because we want the house to look its best!  So far I've  painted 3 room, David put up new drywall in some spots of the basement, we got a woodstove installed, we are replacing the trim in the dining room (and there's more we have done too!).
My busy-ness can be blamed for my lack of posts lately.  Hopefully things will settle down soon and I'll have more time to post some recipes, DIY projects and a home tour!

Just to get you excited, here is what we have planned for sping:

By the way...does anybody actually read this?  I know of two people who do, only because they are friends with me on Facebook and told me they read it.  If you are silently lurking through my blog, please comment!  I'd love to know my writing isn't just being absorbed by the internet without anyone seeing it.

Happy Easter!

Cupcakes David and I made together years ago for Easter

Labels: , ,

Our Wood Home: Easter dinner(s)

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter dinner(s)

This year David and I are hosting Easter dinner for both our families.  Most of David's family has not seen the house yet, so we are looking forward to showing it off.  There were some little things we had planned to fix (replace some drywall, paint, etc) but were in no great hurry until we decided to host dinner.  That was a huge motivation for us because we want the house to look its best!  So far I've  painted 3 room, David put up new drywall in some spots of the basement, we got a woodstove installed, we are replacing the trim in the dining room (and there's more we have done too!).
My busy-ness can be blamed for my lack of posts lately.  Hopefully things will settle down soon and I'll have more time to post some recipes, DIY projects and a home tour!

Just to get you excited, here is what we have planned for sping:
  • landscaping
  • possibly adding on to our exisiting back deck
  • planting a veggie garden
  • remodelling our basement bathroom
  • tearing out the basement bedroom to allow for a more open space
  • painting the upstairs bathroom wall tile (half way up the wall is a weird blue tile...it's gross)

By the way...does anybody actually read this?  I know of two people who do, only because they are friends with me on Facebook and told me they read it.  If you are silently lurking through my blog, please comment!  I'd love to know my writing isn't just being absorbed by the internet without anyone seeing it.

Happy Easter!

Cupcakes David and I made together years ago for Easter

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home